Many of our human friends suffer from allergies. Resulting in not so good days, but did you know that many pets suffer from allergies as well? Many of our pets have some of the same symptoms that affect us because the same allergies are affecting them! Signs like itchy, puffy, watery eyes and sneezing are extremely. Some dogs chew or constantly lick their feet because they itch. Some severe allergies can even cause hair loss due to red itchy bumps on your pet’s coat!
Dealing with these allergies can be easy if you know what’s going on! Many times we treat pets with a broad spectrum of allergies antihistamines, but sometimes more investigation needs to be done. For example, some pets are allergic to one specific thing. Besides going to your veterinarian there are some helpful things honey, royal jelly, and propolis can do for your pets!
The idea behind honey treating allergies is similar to that of a pet getting allergy shots. . When a dog eats local honey, they are thought to be ingesting local pollen. Over time, a pet may become less sensitive to this pollen. As a result, they may experience fewer seasonal allergy symptoms.
According to Skeptvet.com the theory is that bees collect pollen while feeding on the nectar they use as the raw material for honey and that some of this pollen is in the honey they produce. If a pet has allergies to local pollens, which are fairly common, feeding small amounts of these pollens daily may function over time as a form of hyposensitization or allergy immunotherapy. Conventional immunotherapy is an effective way of reducing allergy symptoms by injecting minuscule amounts of the specific proteins a person or animal has shown a sensitivity to in allergy testing. Over time, the immune system ceases to react so excessively to these proteins.
Check out this month’s spa package at AGA to get Samples from the Be Well Pet Company and try this allergy idea for yourself!
Pet Food Delivery Pros and Cons.
We get everything delivered. Food, household items, medications and more but what’s the scoop on pet food delivery systems? Humans have gone totally gaga over meal delivery services. Now, it’s Fido’s turn, as food for pets is experiencing its own food delivery renaissance. But your furry friend isn’t picky, so how do you choose which pet food delivery service should be bringing healthy meals straight to your door? Here are some pros and cons of delivery services!
- Pet food delivery saves time especially if you have multiple pets and foods from different manufacturers. Not all stores carry the same types of food.
- Many foods, as well as prescription food, may not be available locally so delivery is a must.
- Pet foods may be at a lower cost because there is no “middle man”, so ordering online may save you money as well.
- Getting food right from the manufacturer is almost always fresher than food that has been on a store shelf for a few months.
- You can usually add items such as cookies or treats with your food order
- Wrong or damaged items may be difficult to replace or get reimbursed for.
- Refrigerated items can not be outdoors long.
- Many times orders must be bulk or large bags which could be difficult to store.
- Giving out credit card information is always worrisome for your order.
- The cost of shipping can sometimes be high depending on the weight and amount you order.
All of these things can be taken into consideration when deciding if ordering your pet food online is a benefit or not! Check out more information from pet food retailers and always check out their FAQs page!